Welcome to our first grade family! My name is Mrs. Alison Doherty, and I am your child’s first grade teacher. As the middle child of three, I grew up in Aurora, Ohio. I graduated from Baldwin-Wallace College in 2003 where I received my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. After graduation, I became a substitute teacher and worked for some of the local school districts such as Chagrin Falls, Solon, and Twinsburg. I became a long-term sub in Twinsburg for a first grade teacher as well. Then I landed a permanent teaching job in 2004 educating first graders at Craddock School. Actually, I was a former student at Craddock! I graduated from Kent State University in 2007 where I received my master's degree in Reading Specialization. As you might have guessed, I love working with children! I always strive to stretch myself and learn all that I can from teaching. I have two children of my own. Their names are James (age 7) and Hope (age 5). I currently live in Aurora with my family.
Welcome Friends!
Friday, July 27, 2018
All About Mrs. Doherty!
ALL ABOUT ME!
Welcome to our first grade family! My name is Mrs. Alison Doherty, and I am your child’s first grade teacher. As the middle child of three, I grew up in Aurora, Ohio. I graduated from Baldwin-Wallace College in 2003 where I received my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. After graduation, I became a substitute teacher and worked for some of the local school districts such as Chagrin Falls, Solon, and Twinsburg. I became a long-term sub in Twinsburg for a first grade teacher as well. Then I landed a permanent teaching job in 2004 educating first graders at Craddock School. Actually, I was a former student at Craddock! I graduated from Kent State University in 2007 where I received my master's degree in Reading Specialization. As you might have guessed, I love working with children! I always strive to stretch myself and learn all that I can from teaching. I have two children of my own. Their names are James (age 7) and Hope (age 5). I currently live in Aurora with my family.
Welcome to our first grade family! My name is Mrs. Alison Doherty, and I am your child’s first grade teacher. As the middle child of three, I grew up in Aurora, Ohio. I graduated from Baldwin-Wallace College in 2003 where I received my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. After graduation, I became a substitute teacher and worked for some of the local school districts such as Chagrin Falls, Solon, and Twinsburg. I became a long-term sub in Twinsburg for a first grade teacher as well. Then I landed a permanent teaching job in 2004 educating first graders at Craddock School. Actually, I was a former student at Craddock! I graduated from Kent State University in 2007 where I received my master's degree in Reading Specialization. As you might have guessed, I love working with children! I always strive to stretch myself and learn all that I can from teaching. I have two children of my own. Their names are James (age 7) and Hope (age 5). I currently live in Aurora with my family.